Help!! Eye injury

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Unbridled, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Unbridled

Unbridled Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2007
    Moses Lake, WA
    hello,

My week old chick has an eye injury, and I was wondering what do I put on it. What happened is the other chicks were pecking at her eye lid and now its all red, inflamed, and wont stay open. Any help is appreciated.

2. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Honestly the only thing I can think of since it is an eye ball, you should call a vet and ask advice. Sorry your baby is hurt:(

3. Gracefulspice

Gracefulspice Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Pa
    Mabey it's scratched? I would hold ice on it if she lets you. But mostly I think it could just be time till it gets better.
    I hope she feels better soon. [​IMG]

4. gavbarker

gavbarker Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    East yorkshire uk
    Im not sure ice would be a good idea if its a week old maby try separating it till it gets better i think it should heal up if its not interfierd with by the other chicks

5. kalisgirl

kalisgirl Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2007
    Winston Salem,NC
    I had a week old Mille Fleur that had an injured eye. Someone on the board suggested Terramycin eye ointment twice a day. I picked it up at Tractor Supply for ten dollars. It was in the locked case in a small yellow box. Her eye looked awful. I thought it was gone. I put it on her twice for one day and the next day it was opened again and looking good. I am going to keep putting it on her for awhile, but I think she will be ok.

6. countrygirl4513

countrygirl4513 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Portland TN
    I was told to put Terramycin Eye Ointment on sore eyes. I've used it before on my cat.

7. Unbridled

Unbridled Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2007
    Moses Lake, WA
    :)thanks everyone for the help

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by