Help!! Eye injury

Unbridled

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 13, 2007
Moses Lake, WA
hello,

My week old chick has an eye injury, and I was wondering what do I put on it. What happened is the other chicks were pecking at her eye lid and now its all red, inflamed, and wont stay open. Any help is appreciated.

Honestly the only thing I can think of since it is an eye ball, you should call a vet and ask advice. Sorry your baby is hurt:(

Mabey it's scratched? I would hold ice on it if she lets you. But mostly I think it could just be time till it gets better.
I hope she feels better soon.
jumpy.gif

Im not sure ice would be a good idea if its a week old maby try separating it till it gets better i think it should heal up if its not interfierd with by the other chicks

I had a week old Mille Fleur that had an injured eye. Someone on the board suggested Terramycin eye ointment twice a day. I picked it up at Tractor Supply for ten dollars. It was in the locked case in a small yellow box. Her eye looked awful. I thought it was gone. I put it on her twice for one day and the next day it was opened again and looking good. I am going to keep putting it on her for awhile, but I think she will be ok.

Back
Top Bottom