HELP! First hatch, a 1-2 day stagger and question

Andie32

Chirping
Jun 27, 2019
Ok so I’ve got 2 Broodies and they’ve been waiting patiently. I had 8 eggs on day 1 and didn’t realize I should close off my box until about 2 days later so we ended up with 23 eggs total. Apparently we had some “bad” eggs in there and mommas got rid of them. One in particular so I moved some of hers to the other hen to try to stop her from eating them. So she was left with 3.? Yesterday 2 just disappeared. No remnants anywhere. So we’re down to 14. We had 2 hatch yesterday and one last night and one today. So now one hen has 3 hatched and 1 under her and the other hen has the 1 hatched. Should I move some of the eggs back to the hen with 1 hatch so the other one doesn’t abandon them and start taking care of the ones that have already hatched?? They box is closed so nobody can get in or out. And I have put crumble and water in there.

I’m pretty sure on of our hatched died within the last two hours. It’s not moving and momma doesn’t want me messing under her. Should I be moving the chicks from under her and onto the crumble???

Back
Top Bottom