1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help! First Time Hatching Ducks

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by wigginsjul, Jan 20, 2014.

1. wigginsjul

wigginsjul Out Of The Brooder

Jan 9, 2014
    I'm hatching duck eggs in an incubator for the first time. I'm getting extremely nervous as the hatch day is approaching quickly. Today makes 22 days. I candled them this morning, all that's visible is the air cell. Would love some advice on when to take out the egg turner and anything else I should be doing to insure that all of the ducks hatch safely!

2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Every one I know that hatches ducks, treats them just like chicken eggs. They just cook longer [​IMG]

Take them out of the turner on day 25 and up the humidity. Good luck!

3. Boondocks Farm

Boondocks Farm Out Of The Brooder

Nov 7, 2013
    I always keep a sponge wet in the incubator to help with the humidity. I use hot water so it does not cool off the incubator. I keep both chicken and duck eggs at the same time just move the ones down that are in lock down. Good luck!!

4. wigginsjul

wigginsjul Out Of The Brooder

Jan 9, 2014
    Thanks for the help. All went well. All six of my eggs hatched yesterday, two days ahead of schedule. They are all healthy and strong. Couldn't be happier.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by