HELP! Fleas on my Poodles - Natural Remedy??

We have found this product and it seems to work really well.

Vet's Best Flea & Tick Pet & Home Spray

Kills fleas, flea eggs, ticks, mosquitoes on contact. The unique blend of peppermint oil and clove oil extract (eugenol) was carefully formulated to kill fleas and ticks naturally and safely. Contains absolutely no pyrethrins or cedar oil. Fresh natural scent is great for use on pets, bedding, pillows, blankets, carpet and rugs.
For use on dogs and cats over 12 weeks old: Shake well. Lightly spray pet's entire coat until damp, but not dripping. Do not spray in the face, eyes or genitals. Cover the entire coat including the legs, tail and stomach. Massage into the coat until the product reaches the skin. Repeat as necessary. This product is designed to be non-staining. However, always apply a small amount to an inconspicuous area to test for color fastness. Shake well. Spray the surface uniformly with a light mist until moist. Avoid soaking. A fine mist is all that is necessary to be effective.
Ingredients
Peppermint oil 0.30%, Eugenol (clove extract) 0.70%, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate 2.7%, Inert ingredients*: 96.3%. *water, sodium benzoate.

In addition to shampooing it's good to also use a product like Frontline to keep them from coming back on and laying eggs, although in bad scenarios you will need to treat your environment too (beds, couches, rugs) with a spray. Also, if they're coming from the outdoor environment then a long term topical prevention would keep the fleas from coming back. I'd recommend Frontline over Advantix as Advantix can be very toxic to cats, but of course that's not a problem if you don't have any.

Quote:
lau.gif
I haven't seen one in a few days now. I washed them with Dawn and then shaved them down. I washed Eddie's bed in hot water and tossed it in the dryer on high heat. Luckily I don't have many carpets and the couchs are leather (where they sleep all day).

So far, so good!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom