Help Floppy neck Silkie Chick!

I thought I would report that my girl is now walking around some. holds her head up ,and is eating great .this is a big step from not moving at all and being fed with spoon and dropper. when i walk in the room it's like she gets really excited and her little head drops down and starts flying in fast circles. but i hold her head steady and gently press my other hand on her back ,she then calms down. we still have a way to go. my question is when do you know if it's safe to mingle her with rest of flock?

i feel guilty for posting such positive words when i know how many are dealing with such horrors , i was there with you for 2 weeks . i was walking around corner in house and there was honeybun walking down the hall, i can't tell you how shocked i was . and what a big smile it gave me, so i spent some time with her in the back yard away from the others , just for a little fresh air and sunshine. i'm hoping that at least i can spread some optimism because my determination and will power paid off. i had some tell me more than once to cull but my son and i said over and over give her a few more days. i am so glad we did . i am going to take it slow ,i have no where to keep her except small room in back of house. and fenced area in back yard in day. i am still going to follow your post and watch for improvements.i will hope and pray.

Yes, thank you all for all the help you have given. I am so thankful for this group! An update. My girl is still about the same. She has tons of energy...eating and drinking and pooping great. She just cant keep that head up. Occasionally she gets it right but most of the time she holds it down around under her. Its almost like she needs rehabilitation, like its habit now and she needs to relearn how to hold it right. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom