Help for Babette Duck please

I agree with fattie. Something grabbed her by the neck and her throat may be swollen. Keep an eye on her and use a syringe or tube to get her food and water if you have to.

I couldn't see any damage looking inside her mouth, I just went out and felt her neck and throat and it doesn't feel swollen, but I did get her to eat some rice/sugar/squash mix that I blended up for her. I think something did grab her, the others are nervous too. We don't have foxes here, but we do have coyotes and bobcats. No one else was bothered though and there were chickens all over the place, unless she went somewhere she isn't supposed to go that I don't know about.

If she's now eating/drinking on her own, that's a good sign
smile.png
You can always tell a critter has a good chance at recovery when they are willing to eat and drink.

She is eating some, it's just very hard for her and I really have to make sure it's almost soupy, she can't pick up and swallow even super soft squash and no scratch at all. I'm worried because she's lost weight the last 3 days now.

I don't know if I'm just being optimistic but I think she is doing better this morning, I'm worried about her weight though. When I picked her up she was very light and her breast bone very sharp.

Babette is doing much better thank you, she started eating some scratch but is still eating mostly mashed squash and rice. She is swallowing better and all signs of swelling on her neck are gone.

Back
Top Bottom