Help for Hobble

Quote:
Ya I think birds might like it. So what I was thinking was along the one side of the run at say the back of it (away from coop) start a ramp would and run along the wall, till you even with coop pop door height, cut over to the pop door and come to a deck. the regular ramp could also attach to that mini deck straight on. That way its not in the middle of the run. But and door and pop door location would dictate if or how that could be done.

Scott

lower left picture? the coop could sit on some 4x4 pressure treated skids on dug in blocks that would raise the pop door very little then yes like lower left pic.

Scott

Yea that's just a montage of pics to give me ideas. I am not so sure I am up to framing a roof like that one on the lower left, and would probably be better off doing an angle roof. But if I give her a wide front porch and the pop door flush to the porch she can get inside. I could also build her a ground floor nesting area and let her sleep in that. Give the other birds perches on the other side so they don't poop on her head. LOL

I did build a coop that's off the ground so not totally lacking in framing skills. LOL The 2 main reasons I didn't want this coop on the ground were a) harder to clean and b) don't want to have to stoop down to get inside and scrub out the nasty bits. But, if this is the only way for Hobble to have a flock and a home of her own then we do what we must.

I have a coop that on one corner dang near on the ground. Its a walk in and I understand the not stooping. But I can imagine why on earth own a coop you cant walk in. but that's just me.

Good looking coop I don't always know the skillset of everyone on here yet. Sorry.

Scott

Back
Top Bottom