HELP !! Found a featherless baby parrot

Where are you located? Can you take a few more pics and send to my cell? 978-290-1190 - It looks like a budgerigar that may be badly affected by something like PBFD. Is there a legband on it? Where did you find it. Unless you live in a region that wild parrots raise young in, it is most likely one that was lost or released and became sick or was to begin with. Send me some more photos and tell me where you are and I can help. Birds need heat when under stress, so if you have the ability to get his hospital enclosure to 90 degrees Farrenheit, that would be helpful. Something like spray millet tempts them to eat, and if it is a young bird and not yet weaned, most of the Petsmarts carry Kaytee Exact, a handfeeding formula. That mixed with 103 degree H2O and fed with a pipette every 4 hours is generally accepted well and is complete nutrition and water. Consistency should be thin to start in case it is dehydrated. Good Luck!

I stay in dubai. There is no leg band. Looks like he’s abandoned. As that a common thing in my neighbourhood. I did check for nests around and did not find any. He eats well. I feed him every two hours. He is so active and full of life. Wants people to be around him always or else keeps chirping till we come. It’s quiet humid here and he is placed by the window. All I’m concerned is to why his wings don’t grow anymore? And he’s got boils on his back. He seems to be doing good with the annointment that I apply on him. Posting more pictures

This is a parakeet with some sort of feather condition, he is not a baby but you should keep him warm. Please be careful if you are feeding him with a syringe and don't stick far into his mouth or you could damage his crop. He could be hiding because he is overly stressed or just not hungry at the moment. Other then being naked he seems pretty alert and healthy , Thanks for helping him. I love parrots!

This is a parakeet with some sort of feather condition, he is not a baby but you should keep him warm. Please be careful if you are feeding him with a syringe and don't stick far into his mouth or you could damage his crop. He could be hiding because he is overly stressed or just not hungry at the moment. Other then being naked he seems pretty alert and healthy , Thanks for helping him. I love parrots!
Thank you so much. I am planning to take him to take him to the vet today. He’s out of his nest and cleaning himself up and looking around.

Ask the vet to do a test for PBFD. It looks like he may be suffering from that. Which means..... do not have him around other birds and be sure to wash your clothes before visiting a pet shop, or a place birds are kept as it is very catchy. It is like HIV for birds, feather loss is a symptom, but it affects the immune system, which could explain the boils. If it is PBFD, euthanasia is the only moral choice. Good luck!

Ask the vet to do a test for PBFD. It looks like he may be suffering from that. Which means..... do not have him around other birds and be sure to wash your clothes before visiting a pet shop, or a place birds are kept as it is very catchy. It is like HIV for birds, feather loss is a symptom, but it affects the immune system, which could explain the boils. If it is PBFD, euthanasia is the only moral choice. Good luck!
Thank you. I’m taking him to the vet immediately. Does this disease affect ducks? I have them at home.

Back
Top Bottom