Help found chicken on back stuck behind bin

When I lift her to stand she wobbles, and uses her wing for support. She will hold this for about 15 seconds then lays back down. She stands with her right leg further back. Left leg directly under her where it should be.

Attachments

• 20210219_090019.jpg
    20210219_090019.jpg
    618.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210219_090013.jpg
    20210219_090013.jpg
    815.8 KB · Views: 6
I did notice cause of her smell, and size of crop with not having eaten at all I think she has sour crop too. So trying to treat 4 that as well... this just seems 2 get worse everyday. I did drain her crop ( note in first post I said she vomited up water) it was foul smelling when I did. I started with some monistate stuff today 4 that. But I don't think her standing/walking is related to this. But prob doesn't help either 😓

I wouldn't worry too much about the leg yet. I had a silkie get stuck upside down behind the cage that I was using to integrate a pair of bantam cochins into the flock. Her leg was held straight like that for a few days but your's looks like it's recovering a lot faster than mine did. I gave her water with nutri-drench in it and fed her wet food. She recovered very well. She was mostly recovered after about a week and she was back with the flock after two weeks.

Back
Top Bottom