Help! Found mama up and forgot about last egg.

Gferna19

Songster
Mar 26, 2018
Me and my husband got covid recently. During those days my daughter didn't pick eggs and a broody chicken took advantage.
Her eggs were more that half way done when I was able to go do chores again.
She hatched 3 babies and last night her 4th. Today after coming from work I found her out and not sitting anymore. I live in MD and the weather is cold. The last egg was frozen cold when I touched it and idk how long was she up for. Does this mean the baby inside is dead? I tried candle it but couldn't tell. Right now is in my incubator but should I even try? 🤔

They are pretty smart, it could be dead in shell or a staggered hatch, mama typically won't wait if the rest need to eat/drink. If it is that cold it likely won't make it, but you never know. You could always give it 12 hrs to heat up and candle again

Me and my husband got covid recently. During those days my daughter didn't pick eggs and a broody chicken took advantage.
Her eggs were more that half way done when I was able to go do chores again.
She hatched 3 babies and last night her 4th. Today after coming from work I found her out and not sitting anymore. I live in MD and the weather is cold. The last egg was frozen cold when I touched it and idk how long was she up for. Does this mean the baby inside is dead? I tried candle it but couldn't tell. Right now is in my incubator but should I even try? 🤔
Oh no! Can you try candling the egg in a dark room and take a few pics?

Back
Top Bottom