help!! four unknows!

FarmerJoe411

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 17, 2011
Eastern Shore
This lot was given to me, and are supposedly all hens. also came with a Minorca roo and a black and while Hamburg. all should be about the same age. i cannot for sure identify these four. so far ive guessed that "LBB" - New Hampshire Red, "Spanky" - a Australorp, and "Egg" a Delaware hen (not for sure b/c she has that specked collar around her neck). but i HAVE NO IDEA what Butch is, especially she has the mane-like feathering around her/his neck! help!

"Spanky"

"LBB"

"Butch"

"Egg"

*can take more pics if nessacary

Butch could be a Guy, but i dont know... the rest are Girls, i think...
idunno.gif

LBB looks like a sexlink and Butch looks like EE.Not sure about Spanky but I believe you may be right about Egg. I was thinking they all look like pullets.

EE means easter egg, could lay eggs of blue, green, pink, brown shades. Pretty blue girl. I have a blue orp and a blue jersey giant/isa brown cross that look similiar. The brown is probably a production layer as stated above- Pretties birds- enjoy you eggs!!

Quote:
Easter Egger. What a lot of people call Americaunas but are actually mutts that lay colored eggs
smile.png

Spanky's not black enough to be a BA. I'd say a she's a blue something.

LBB looks more like a Red Sexlink, and a pullet.

Butch is an EE pullet. With the green legs and pea comb looks like you'll be getting green/blue eggs from her one day.

Egg is a Delaware pullet.

Quote:
x2 Right on the dot.

But again, green legs do NOT mean green/blue eggs. Ameraucanas have slate legs and lay blue eggs. . . Some EE's have yellow legs and lay blue/green eggs. Leg color means nothing.

Quote:
x2 Right on the dot.

But again, green legs do NOT mean green/blue eggs. Ameraucanas have slate legs and lay blue eggs. . . Some EE's have yellow legs and lay blue/green eggs. Leg color means nothing.

I thought if an EE had both the colored legs and the pea comb then they'd lay the colored eggs. I've read that in lots of places on here... That's why I said that. But you know more about EEs than I do -- I've only had mine about 5 months!
smile.png

i will have to get a better picture of spanks, she is definetly head hen though! and weird thing is that she has very very small, thin spurs. almost like a really small thorn. but im pretty sure shes a hen (she is best friends with the rooster)

Back
Top Bottom