Help Getting Rabbits From Ohio To Iowa?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by BlueLagoonRabbitry, May 31, 2012.

1. BlueLagoonRabbitry

BlueLagoonRabbitry Songster

Jan 17, 2009
    Western Iowa
    Im not 100% sure this is the right place to post this but was the only place I could think of. So heres the story.

I am a youth breeder who raises Holland Lop rabbits. Right now I am trying to get three adult hollands from the eastern Ohio/PA border to Iowa. I am looking for anyone who is willing to help. Not many rabbit people could help so I figured I would try my chicken peeps. So if you can help with the littlest bit of this journey and get them to the next pickup/drop off it would be amazingly appreciated. Below I have attached a picture of the male I am getting so everyone knows how big they are.

DeCrosta's Denali - Solid Opal Senior Buck
    [​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap

You probably need to go to ARBA.net and find our when there is a show near you and attend and ask the people there about transport.
    You can usually find people that know someone who knows someone who does transport.

3. [​IMG]

4. BlueLagoonRabbitry

BlueLagoonRabbitry Songster

Jan 17, 2009
    Western Iowa
    I have tried, im friends with 700 breeders on FB and belong to a ton of rabbit transport groups along with breed specialty groups on FB.

5. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    Sorry I didn't see this sooner! We just went to Indianapolis today to pick up some Silkies that were going to Eastern OH-we could have helped move them that far at least!
    I don't think we will be going anywhere nearby anytime soon, though.

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap

You are going to have to do one leg at a time. Like from point a to point b, then another person from point b to point c and it may take several people. Mine came from Ohio to CA. Three people to transport them and they were a little worse for wear when they arrived, but they bounced back quickly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: