Help... Going to my first city council meeting!!

It is official, I am allowed hens!!! There are a few stipulations, but none are a problem. Thanks for all the good luck! I will soon be a proud mama of some new chicks! :)

The stipulations where, no roosters which we have no problems with( we just want hens for eggs). We can only have up to 12 chickens, if we want more we have to go back and ask. We only want about 5 hens to start and maybe grow to 10 someday, but we will worry about that when the time comes. They have to be totally enclosed, which we will have a run totally enclosed anyway since we have a 5 month old Great Dane puppy, plus all the critters that will want to eat them! The only other thing they added was the coop has to be 300 feet from a neighbors primary residence, it isn't a problem for us since we have well over 3 acres of land. The whole process was great. I really felt like our city council was on our side and very understanding, I feel pretty confident as long as we are responsible about caring and clean up they would be open to changes. It was a great experience and I am so excited.

Ps. We are starting with about 10 month old hens(Rhode Island Reds), any advice other than the obvious stuff?

The stipulations where, no roosters which we have no problems with( we just want hens for eggs). We can only have up to 12 chickens, if we want more we have to go back and ask. We only want about 5 hens to start and maybe grow to 10 someday, but we will worry about that when the time comes. They have to be totally enclosed, which we will have a run totally enclosed anyway since we have a 5 month old Great Dane puppy, plus all the critters that will want to eat them! The only other thing they added was the coop has to be 300 feet from a neighbors primary residence, it isn't a problem for us since we have well over 3 acres of land. The whole process was great. I really felt like our city council was on our side and very understanding, I feel pretty confident as long as we are responsible about caring and clean up they would be open to changes. It was a great experience and I am so excited.

Sounds Great. Sounds to easy.lol.
Hope it all goes swimmingly for you!
Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom