HELP !!Got a question and there looks to be around eyes mite or fleas

Rufflemyfeathers

Songster
11 Years
Nov 20, 2008
Astatula Florida
I don't know anything to much about Silkies and the three I got are my first..so got a question..Right around there eyes is there suppose to be black, not feathers or any fuzz just like black..didn't know if this is normal or if something was wrong with my silkies..all three are like that..
hu.gif
hu.gif

Please ease my mind and tell it is suppose to be that way..

I just brought one in and washed it and dried the head area and it looks to me like little brown bugs fleas or mites buried in around the eyes.. there were little crawly tine bround bugs crawling around..

What is it and how do I get rid of it ..I have DE does that help or need something else and if so what I only have a tractor supply here.

Last edited:
I don't know anything to much about Silkies and the three I got are my first..so got a question..Right around there eyes is there suppose to be black, not feathers or any fuzz just like black..didn't know if this is normal or if something was wrong with my silkies..all three are like that..
hu.gif
hu.gif

Please ease my mind and tell it is suppose to be that way..

I just brought one in and washed it and dried the head area and it looks to me like little brown bugs fleas or mites buried in around the eyes.. there were little crawly tine bround bugs crawling around..

What is it and how do I get rid of it ..I have DE does that help or need something else and if so what I only have a tractor supply here.
I'm facing similar circumstances but my jersey giant and australorpe mix and I think her eye was pecked out so now here eye is stuck close and there is little tan semitransparent tan bugs

-Fox

Back
Top Bottom