HELP Grandpa Chickens were......

GPN

Got Pheasants? Nessia
11 Years
Aug 6, 2008
Snead, Alabama
My family started talking bout chickens Grandpa had years ago. The said banarkers? Can some one help me, tell what breed they are from and where I can get some now! They were black, small, white egg layers and weathered winter in alabama well years ago!

Sounds like they are black leghorns. I do not know where you can get them. Ideal sells a barred leghorn that is suppose to be a good egg layer.

Tim

i looked up the term that your grandpa used and no search was available which means it was some word he made up. also the black, barred,brown,blue,pile,lavender leghorn originate in holland and in the uk you have to be a member of that club, if you do a search you will find it. bear in mind the prices maybe so high that they wont post the prices on the site. i dont know if you join what the price is. but i did the search and that is what i have found. if you intend on buying them be prepared to pay a hefty price for them. they were accepted in the APA, but the way they get the color combos is a lot of mixed breeding in order to get the spacific color. i figured you should know

Possibly black D'Anvers? They are a true bantam and lay white eggs. The breed is from Belgium and not a common one, but that's the only one I can think of that sounds sorta like "banakers".

big_smile.png

Hey Thanks so much, some said to show grandpa the other site, I wish I could grandpa has been gone for years and My aunts are the ones talking to me. Another Aunt said Grandma liked bantys so more than likey the D'Anvers that HAWKE was talking about and so I am off looking now , but thanks so much!

Hey y'all I finally found the grandpa's chickens we think Black Minorcas. Momma was telling me she thought they were in McMurray catalog and got to looking on their site and there they were, come to find out she has a rooster and 3 hens! Yeah!!!!

GPN

14123_black_minorcas_007.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom