Help Hatching Call Ducks

Pics
Jun 24, 2023
Hello! I’m new to the community, but you are all so helpful in all the threads I’ve read. I have a question. I have 3 call duck eggs in lockdown. Today, June 25 is day 25. Last night, the eggs were wobbling like crazy. How long before they hatch? I thought end of day 26-27, as what was relayed to me by the egg seller. Also, should I look for internal pips? I hear they are difficult to hatch, and I don’t want to do anything wrong. All advice is welcomed!

Attachments

• IMG_7357.jpeg
    IMG_7357.jpeg
    269.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7358.jpeg
    IMG_7358.jpeg
    274.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7359.jpeg
    IMG_7359.jpeg
    211.6 KB · Views: 12
That’s to hard for me to tell with the pics
Eggs usually rock as babies get into position and when they are trying to pip
There are lots of videos on YouTube of internal pips that may help you to know what you see
Shadowing along the air cell pushing on membrane is not an internal pip but it means they are within 1-2 days of internal pip
Beak in air cell is a for sure they have
I know with calls many make the safety hole earlier once internal happens
My regular ducks I wait 24 hours with calls I would do one sooner
My safety hole is small only the size of the tac pin. I don’t want to dry the membrane only let air in to breath
Your air cells look like they dipped forward and in the pic kinda looks like yellow along the air cell but could be the lighting
Often. We see yellow once they internal pip

That’s to hard for me to tell with the pics
Eggs usually rock as babies get into position and when they are trying to pip
There are lots of videos on YouTube of internal pips that may help you to know what you see
Shadowing along the air cell pushing on membrane is not an internal pip but it means they are within 1-2 days of internal pip
Beak in air cell is a for sure they have
I know with calls many make the safety hole earlier once internal happens
My regular ducks I wait 24 hours with calls I would do one sooner
My safety hole is small only the size of the tac pin. I don’t want to dry the membrane only let air in to breath
Your air cells look like they dipped forward and in the pic kinda looks like yellow along the air cell but could be the lighting
Often. We see yellow once they internal pip
Thank you so much for the info! I took better pictures. The first I believe has pipped internally. Maybe the second? The third has not.

Attachments

• IMG_1078.jpeg
    IMG_1078.jpeg
    304.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1081.jpeg
    IMG_1081.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 10
Thank you so much for the info! I took better pictures. The first I believe has pipped internally. Maybe the second? The third has not.
I see beaks in both of those
Because you don’t know how long it’s been I would make the safety hole then leave the egg be for at least 24 hours
Then I set my candler on top of the egg between the air cell and the pointy end
Usually I can see how much veins are left

Back
Top Bottom