HELP hatching duckling

ducks234

In the Brooder
Jun 23, 2022
my duckling pipped 2 days ago and didn't make any improvement in those 2 days so i took the shell off where the air cell thingy is and its still got lots of veins. do you know what that means?? im new to this. i really don't know what to do from here i tried to upload a video of it moving but it won't let me for some reason but i got a picture

Attachments

• IMG_20220624_160416.jpg
    IMG_20220624_160416.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 13
my duckling pipped 2 days ago and didn't make any improvement in those 2 days so i took the shell off where the air cell thingy is and its still got lots of veins. do you know what that means?? im new to this. i really don't know what to do from here i tried to upload a video of it moving but it won't let me for some reason but i got a picture
Cover the membrane in a thin layer of plain old original Neosporin to keep it moist if you have it (some people also use coconut oil) and let the egg be. If you are assisting a hatch as soon as you see veins or blood you stop. It means the duckling still needs more time for the veins to recede and to finish absorbing the yolk. Wait for the veins to dry up before you assist any further.

Cover the membrane in a thin layer of plain old original Neosporin to keep it moist if you have it (some people also use coconut oil) and let the egg be. If you are assisting a hatch as soon as you see veins or blood you stop. It means the duckling still needs more time for the veins to recede and to finish absorbing the yolk. Wait for the veins to dry up before you assist any further.

okay thank you, how long does it usually take for the veins to absorb?

Back
Top Bottom