Help hatching eggs

RedSky1

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 5, 2016
Charlotte Court House, VA
I have broody mom who has two chicks. I had her with other moms who wouldn't let her help with babies she hatched. So when they rejected two babies I separated them all. Their were about 12 eggs no one was sitting on anymore. I gave them to same broody mom.
She stopped showing the chicks to eat & drink. Two eggs are currently hatching. I left them with her as one was chirping. One I could hear moving. I'm not sure about the others but they are cool to the touch as the mom is a frizzle. So she doesn't have enough but to cover everything. Should I put the eggs in an incubator? If so for how long & what temp? They are at day 23. None are pipping or making moving sounds.

Attachments

• 16889386711634990141070520209677.jpg
    16889386711634990141070520209677.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 86
I have broody mom who has two chicks. I had her with other moms who wouldn't let her help with babies she hatched. So when they rejected two babies I separated them all. Their were about 12 eggs no one was sitting on anymore. I gave them to same broody mom.
She stopped showing the chicks to eat & drink. Two eggs are currently hatching. I left them with her as one was chirping. One I could hear moving. I'm not sure about the others but they are cool to the touch as the mom is a frizzle. So she doesn't have enough but to cover everything. Should I put the eggs in an incubator? If so for how long & what temp? They are at day 23. None are pipping or making moving sounds.
If that's the correct time frame, you technically only have only 2 day before the eggs need to be trashed due to the chick dying in the shell.

Incubator: 99.5 / 65 to 70% humidity.

Back
Top Bottom