HELP, HELP, HELP!!!!

riskeyhatching

In the Brooder
Nov 16, 2015
My last chick piped today, I can see the beak open & close but no Nosie, there is bubbles coming out with most of the opening and closing of the beak. This has been going on for 3 hours. What is going on? What can I do? Is this normal? None of the other chicks did that. Please someone tell me this is normal!

How old is it? From what I have read it sound like some wort of respiratory illness. Make sure it is warm and keep an eye on it. I would separate it from the other chicks and disinfect the brooder as most respiratory illnesses are contagious. It can also be that it consumed too much food or water too fast.

Today the bubbles stopped and the chick started chirping. So I'm thinking that the lungs must not have been ready when the little one pipped and at the wrong end. So I hope that he can continue to hatch without help. His inner membrane is still vascular.

Sorry I have never hatched any - you may want to post on one of the hatching threads - where they can offer good advice. Hope everything works out for the best.

Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined the flock!
frow.gif

welcome-byc.gif

I'm a couple days slow in welcoming you but was wondering how it worked out for the chick you wrote about. Everything turn out ok?

The chick is doing great!! The first few days after it hatched were kind of rocky, but I'm glad to report that he is chirping, scratching, eating, and drinking. He is the smallest chick, and the other chicks have taken him into there little flock.
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom