HELP! HELP!! HE'S DYING IN MY HANDS!!

Quote:
Sorry I don't have any advice but I just have to ask what is a throught? I am just asking because I have never heard of something called that and it may be helpful for the OP?

wait did i spell it wrong?
Throat, i am sorry i did spell it wrong.

hide.gif
sorry. I am not really up on chicken anatomy and thought there may be a part I didnt' know. OOPS. I feel kinda dumb now.

WHEW....this is stressing me out!

He definitely swallowed some olive oil this time! He kind of held his mouth open for a second but then swallowed. He is a little more active....kind of took a couple steps....

Have you ever heard of gapeworms?
A chicken will seem to gape their necks out and open their mouth as to breathe. The worms attach to the larynax.
This seems to be common in the spring/early summer time.
Don't know if this will help.

If the water dish was empty and it is very warm then he might be suffering from heat stress > put electrolytes in the water.
How old is the roo? Was this "fresh" scratch? (mycotoxin is often associated with old, or moldy scratch and often you cant tell beforehand if this has occured during storage and afterwards dried out) What is the weather like where you are? Do you have pigeons (might be trichomoniasis) > when you look in the beak is all "clear"(no placques or such to see> look at the roof of the beak also)...
>>> Do NOT "squirt" water or any other liquid into the beak! They have two "holes" > one leading into the crop and the other into the airways > poultry do not have an eppiglottis to close this hole as mammals do and when you squirt water into the beak it will often go into the airways! Dribble along the beak... offer freechoice yogurt or watermelen and moisten their feed (with cooked oatmeal for instance) if dehydrated.

Last edited:
Quote:
wait did i spell it wrong?
Throat, i am sorry i did spell it wrong.

hide.gif
sorry. I am not really up on chicken anatomy and thought there may be a part I didnt' know. OOPS. I feel kinda dumb now.

I am not up on the computer lingo and thought.......Sometimes my brain goes faster then my fingers.
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom