HELP! HELP!! HE'S DYING IN MY HANDS!!

BluegrassSeramas

Serama Savvy
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
Central Kentucky
I have a small roo, gasping for air and sticking his tongue out. Hardly moving, eyes closing.....
His crop feels gritty and he breath smells a little (1st time I have smelled a roos breath tho)

He is fed crumbles, but have them some scratch recently and chick grit with it.

WHAT DO I DO????

Well try to put water in his mouth and see if he swallows it.

just try to give him some suger water. get him hydtared. it sounds like he is dehrydtrated.

could be food in his throught from eating to fast.

Last edited:
Try massaging his crop to see if you can get the gunk in there to digest or come up. You can also try dribbling a bit of olive oil down his throat, that may help work things out of there if its impacted. As for the smell did it smell like fish? Or something rotten? I'm really not sure what it could be. How has he been acting lately? normal? Is this sudden?

oh it could be that he ate to fast, feel his throught do you feel hardness in it, if so hurry to wet his through and yea the olive oil will help message his through down ward to the crop, it could be food stuck in his throught that he cant breath , i have had this happen one to many times.

I squirted some water in his mouth....he had trouble swallowing it.
Right now he is sitting in the chair next to me blinking and breathing okay but hes just sitting there looking around and hes the kind of bird that is "freakin out" the whole time you mess with him......his crop feels sandy/gritty......going to try the olive oil now....

I can't feel anything unusual in his throat....and I looked down it a little and it seems clear. I just put some olive oil in his mouth and I don't think hes swallowing it because he held his mouth open and some dripped back out..........
hu.gif

hes a little more active....I went to grab him and he flapped his wings once. He is also shaking.....like hes vibrating slightly....its kinda weird.

Quote:
Sorry I don't have any advice but I just have to ask what is a throught? I am just asking because I have never heard of something called that and it may be helpful for the OP?

Quote:
Sorry I don't have any advice but I just have to ask what is a throught? I am just asking because I have never heard of something called that and it may be helpful for the OP?

wait did i spell it wrong?
Throat, i am sorry i did spell it wrong.

Back
Top Bottom