HELP! Hen acting strange

Raysal

Songster
Sep 2, 2020
Dallas TX
I was on my way to lock my coop and i saw 1 of my hens in the corner acting like she was picking the floor and it is pitch dark outside. I put her in her roosting area where she sleeps and left for a while. She was laying in the corner on the groud. Anyone she never acts like that. And she was not even pecking on the floor she was pecking the air

How old is she? Is she eating and pooping? What breed is she? Have you checked her over really well, getting under those feathers to make sure she hasn't been injured? Is there a chance she's had a fall? What is she fed (including any and all treats)?

Any chance you could get her from the roost and take her inside or to a well lit and safe area to see how she's acting in an environment where she's able to see well?

How old is she? Is she eating and pooping? What breed is she? Have you checked her over really well, getting under those feathers to make sure she hasn't been injured? Is there a chance she's had a fall? What is she fed (including any and all treats)?
This all happened when it was getting dark and really couldn't see much i flashed a light to see if she was injured but found nothing she is a cuckoo Maran her feed has Whole corn. Crushed Corn, Hen Scrach oats seeds and layer pellets she seemed fine today till night

This all happened when it was getting dark and really couldn't see much i flashed a light to see if she was injured but found nothing she is a cuckoo Maran her feed has Whole corn. Crushed Corn, Hen Scrach oats seeds and layer pellets she seemed fine today till night
She is 2 years and only meal worms

What is the name of the feed? Hopefully she was just pecking at some dust particles but I understand your concern
Yeah im woried because she us the swetest one and she wants me to carry her sometimes. Im not sure what feed
Here is the feed name
20201121_211714.jpg

Hopefully the pecking at the air was just confusion in the dark,,,,but it could also be a neurological issue.

her feed has Whole corn. Crushed Corn, Hen Scrach oats seeds and layer pellets
I would feed only the layer feed, available all the time.
The others should only be used very minimally as treats.

Back
Top Bottom