Help! Hen and Rooster now really sick.

PeuAPeu

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 30, 2012
Alabama
I posted a few days ago about my BO roo getting sick. Now my BO hen is sick. I have been treating them for the past few days with Tyla 50/1 CC. Well the hen is inside in a carrier. When we went to let the others out today, the rooster was hunched over and has mucus coming out, I assume from his nose. I don't know what to do. Do I need to give them more medicine or is there nothing I can do. If you have any ideas or suggestions please let me know ASAP. *They both came from the same place and have been healthy for the past month.

Sorry, can't help you. Please separate the rooster from the others. I hope someone will come on and help you.

Last edited:
I am no expert but in my research, Tylan 50 is too weak to use easily on chickens. You can try Tylan 200 or get your hands on some Denegard. A lot of people swear by it for curing upper respiratory infections. VetRX in the water can help clear the nares and make them feel better but won't help the infection.

Good Luck
Alice

UPDATE:

I just saw the poo from my hen and there is a worm in it. Now what do I do? What do I use and how much?

UPDATE:

I just saw the poo from my hen and there is a worm in it. Now what do I do? What do I use and how much?
Get yourself some Safeguard for goats, weigh your chickens on a digital kitchen scale and give wormer at the rate of .5cc/kg. Follow these instructions carefully and use 1cc syringe with proper dose. 3cc is too big for most chickens. PM me if you have more questions.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom