Help hen badly wounded I mean really bad!!! UPDATE!!

already did that and I am!! lol!!! So guess what... I went to take the pictures and she had flew out of the box and was hiding behind a box!!! floping around!! the pocket has sealed itself back shut which is a good thing and the wound is still really dry... here are the pictures...
44309_photo0610.jpg

44309_photo0611.jpg

ROFL...Sounds like she is feeling pretty good!...The wound looks like it is healing...kinda hard to see...The edges will get thick and very slowly the opening will get smaller and smaller...I would keep putting neosporin on it everyday!

Hi everyone,
I need help with trying to figure out what my chicken has. My name is Lisa and I live in central FL.
My vet came out and he was here a long time but upon leaving I asked him about this chicken had a wound on her head next to her eye that has yellow spongy tissue in it. We could not find the chicken to show him. The vet thought it might be Proud Flesh. I looked Proud Flesh on the internet and it is not even close to this type of tissue in this wound. I pulled the tissue out with a pair of forcepts and it came back so fast. I can't find anything on the internet that looks like this yellow tissue. It is incapsulated from the inside like a pimple. Open to the outside but the yellow tissue fills a sack. It is big, about 1/2 the size of a golf ball. Anyone, Please advise if you know anything that could help me. Thanks Lisa

I think I posted in the wrong place. My chickens get torn up all the time. I have spent over $5000 trying to keep them safe and the critters have all night to figure out how to get my girls. I stitch them up. First, I rinse the wounds with saline solution. Then, I stitch them up the best I can. Then, I take triple antibotic ointment on nonstick gause and put it on the wounds and tape with athletic tape to their feathers. Then I put them in a cage by themselves and give them antibotic water (broad specturm - terramycin) and food for two to four weeks. It is amazing the chickens that have lived. I let the gause and tape fall off on its own. Good Luck. My chickens just sit there and let me do this. Many times I have to have someone help me hold the wings or leg out of the way until I get them stitched up. Link to a website to purchase stitching needles. Good Luck Again Lisa https://www.suturedirect.com/viewcart

I have to go outside and doctor it tonight. Vet said to use PUFFER. I will send a pic of that too but that is if it was Proud Flesh. I will get picts of both. Thanks Lisa

Back
Top Bottom