HELP HEN BEING BULLIED

mollymae

Hatching
12 Years
Oct 4, 2007
Hi, I posted before, but now my main concern is that my one hen is being bullied by the other two. They are chasing her, pecking at her face and neck and she is terrified. It was just the one doing this at first, but now they both are.....what is going on? Why all of a sudden (I had them for a year) Is she sick? Did she do something? Will they hurt her? She's such a sweety... I can't undersand. I did separate her for tonight.

Last edited:
If there is blood or injury you need to seperate her or they will kill her.
Do they have enough space?
What is their feed?
Can they go outside?
How old are they?
They will quickly turn into canibals, you need to keep a close eye.

Quote:
There is no blood or injuries. We just put her in the garage in a dog crate. They are eating the layer pellet. Yes, they can go outside in pen. They are all one year. Why do you think this is happening all of a sudden? They were getting along fine for the first year until the other day. Thanks so much

Protein...they need protein.
Black Oil Sunflower Seeds
Cottage Cheese etc....

I'd suggest getting another hen to balance out it.....

It's true you know...2's company 3's a crowd!!

Vitamin powder in their water too...wouldn't hurt!

Keep us all updated!!

hugs.gif

Quote:
There is no blood or injuries. We just put her in the garage in a dog crate. They are eating the layer pellet. Yes, they can go outside in pen. They are all one year. Why do you think this is happening all of a sudden? They were getting along fine for the first year until the other day. Thanks so much

That happened to my new rooster. He is now in a dog crate inside the run. I think it hs something to do with the pecking order. She could of all of a sudden started bossing other birds around that are higher up on the "list" than her. For my rooster, he just came out of no where and expected to be the boss. I hope this helps you. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=63636 that might help you.

Last edited:
This to happened to one of my hens that is now a year old. She has been in seperation for over a month now. After she is fully healed we will try and re-introduce her to the flock and hopefully they will re-establish a new pecking order.

Extra Protein wouldnt hurt either.

Back
Top Bottom