HELP hen had seizure and is lethargic

Hens rule

Songster
9 Years
Jan 28, 2015
US
My 5 year old bufforp red had somekind of seizure of fit. :hit she was standing on the otherside of my shed door sleeping like she usualy does and i pet her once from the outside very gently. All of a sudden she fell backwards with her wings stetched out and fell against a bag un my shed. I oicked her up and she barely opened her eyes at all. I thought she passed a few times but now shes standing sleeping with her head under her wing. Will she be okay? What caused her to do that?

She has swelling in her belly area which shes had for many months which feels like hard lumps like my hen frenchie who passed away during a fit- seizure. What should i do?

Please help! I tried giving her food with electrolytes but shes too tierd. I forgot to say befire but she has very bad balnce and make strange neck movments a couple times? I really love Redface as i love all my hens, whats wrong with her?

I dont think shes egg bound, the lumps have been there for many months. She hasnt layed any eggs in a long time, maybe 1 year too 3 years, ive never really seen her ever lay an egg before...
Her poops are very small, she hasnt been eating much and she seems to strain when she poops.

She had another fit thing and she fell over. Shes sleeping now and is very lethargic :hit

Last edited:
Redface passed away last night.
hit.gif

I found her out of her little nest i made her and on the floor of my roost with her wings stretched out like she had another fit. Before when i was watching her she had multipile fits some big and some moderate.
sad.png

So sorry for your loss. She could have had cancer or infection from the reproductive tract that spread to her brain. It's good that she is not suffering.

Back
Top Bottom