Help!!!! Hen has pale and droopy comb, little head twitch as well

Shannon11

In the Brooder
Aug 11, 2020
Hi all, I have a 2 year old Production Red.
The past few days I have noticed that she has a pale and drooped comb, and a slight head twitch. She has been laying down a bit, still drinking. I have added a chicken electrolyte solution to her water.
I have checked her for a stuck egg (shes clear) I have checked for mites (none found),and I have given her a warm bath with an abdominal massage for about 25 minutes.
I did lean her forward at one point when I was drying her off and she released all of the water she had just drank but there was nothing abnormal about it. Her crop is a little bulgy but not oversized and only appears that way after she drinks.
PLEASE HELP!!!!

Can you check her crop at daylight tomorrow before she has eaten or drunk anything, to see if it has emptied? It could be that you accidentally squeezed her crop when she was leaning forward, and that forced the fluid up. Did it have a sour or bad odor? Make sure that she is drinking before she goes to roost tonight.

Can you check her crop at daylight tomorrow before she has eaten or drunk anything, to see if it has emptied? It could be that you accidentally squeezed her crop when she was leaning forward, and that forced the fluid up. Did it have a sour or bad odor? Make sure that she is drinking before she goes to roost tonight.
When I tipped her forward it was pretty clear. No foul odor. But I will make sure she drinks and I will check her first thing in the morning

Back
Top Bottom