HELP!!! Hen is Limping and breathing with mouth open

Pics
She seems to be getting better. She isn't hiding from the flock. Her crop is semi-full it's still soft and squishy but you can kind of feel food in there. barely. She still doesn't seem to be drinking. Could her molting be the reason she's not eating/drinking?
I wouldn't think the molting would keep her from eating or drinking.

She's limping. I can't find anything wrong with her leg/foot. Shes breathing with her mouth open. She stands still so she doesn't have to walk but when she does she stands on the branch off the ground so the others don't bug her. She let me pick up uup and check her which she usallly doesn't. No other symptoms unless I'm not seeing any. She's lai soft eggs in the past but its been weeks since and shes molting I think. (Other hens are molting as well)
She sounds stressed. Breathing like you have written can be due to pain. It is helpful to get some Metacam From your vet. It helps when they have an injury. Hope she gets better soon!!

She sounds stressed. Breathing like you have written can be due to pain. It is helpful to get some Metacam From your vet. It helps when they have an injury. Hope she gets better soon!!
She seems alot better. Back to her normal self at least. She isnt hiding and the rooster isnt her problem anymore well I mean all the girls have a problem with him but it isnt as bad as when she first started.

Please describe how all the girls have a problem with the rooster.
It's mostly in the morning and at night. Morning as soon as they leave the coop he wants to mate them but sometimes they dont. And at nights in the normal pecking at there feet because there in his spot. They all roost in the same exact spot lol.

Back
Top Bottom