HELP!!! Hen is Limping and breathing with mouth open

Have you added any new birds to the flock in the last few months? Have you ever had an unexpected death or a lame chicken before? Was she vaccinated for Mareks disease? Make sure that she can get to food and water. Let us know if she bets worse.
No it's only been my 6 girls and rooster no one new. Not unexpected deaths or lame chickens. Shes the first that's done this. I'm new to chicken keeping and get worried if I see anything wrong. I didnt know I had to get them vaccinated for Mark's disease. How should I do that in the future. She has food we do not keep water in the coop but I'll wake up early tomrrow and make sure she gets some water. Is there anything i can give her like maybe something to drink or have her eat a pill or something. I hope she just sprained it and I'll look around and see what I can do to help this not happen again.

You don’t have to vaccinate for Mareks. Many do when they come from a hatchery, but many do not, especially if the chicks come from a feed store or a breeder, or are hatched at home. Hopefully, it is an injury. Since she may be injured, she may do better in a dog crate where you can prevent her from jumping, and force her to rest the leg.

You don’t have to vaccinate for Mareks. Many do when they come from a hatchery, but many do not, especially if the chicks come from a feed store or a breeder, or are hatched at home. Hopefully, it is an injury. Since she may be injured, she may do better in a dog crate where you can prevent her from jumping, and force her to rest the leg.
Thank you. Tomrrow I'll set the crate up. Should I provide her a roost or just let her sit. Should I give her bedding or just on the dirt in the run with the rest of the flock.

I checked her foot this morning and could it be she had bumblefoot? I saw bumps underneath her toe. She went into the roost and is roosting right now because she doesnt want to be bothered.

Pictures

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211016-083745_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20211016-083745_Video Player.jpg
    342 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20211016-083724_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20211016-083724_Video Player.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20211016_083309.jpg
    20211016_083309.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 10
Yes, that could be bumblefoot, but is the ankle swollen as well? Is there a scab on the foot pad?
No just a bump but I could be exaggerating it could be her normal foot but idk. Shes in the cage right now in the coop because she was freaking out anytime the rooster came near the cage.

Back
Top Bottom