HELP!!! Hen is Limping and breathing with mouth open

Update: we gave her an internal exam. We couldnt find an egg but in was milky when we took our hand out idk if that's normal. I feel like shes loosing weight either that or shes molting bc shes loosing lots of feathers now.

a squishy bloated lower abdomen with no egg could possibly be ascites (fluid buildup) the milky substance was probably her irregular waste, internal exams can cause to poop a little. at this stage with multiple days of symptoms and no clear path of home treatment i would recommend a vet if you have the time and money for it. sucks that getting medical treatment for poultry is a such pain in the butt lol always far away

edit: if its late summer or fall where you live its probably molting

a squishy bloated lower abdomen with no egg could possibly be ascites (fluid buildup) the milky substance was probably her irregular waste, internal exams can cause to poop a little. at this stage with multiple days of symptoms and no clear path of home treatment i would recommend a vet if you have the time and money for it. sucks that getting medical treatment for poultry is a such pain in the butt lol always far away

edit: if its late summer or fall where you live its probably molting
But usually when shes molting she eats and drinks. She eats sometimes but isnt drinking. Like she eat out of my hand but when I come home shes perched up on the perch in the run to get away from everyone. Or shell stand in a corner.

But usually when shes molting she eats and drinks. She eats sometimes but isnt drinking. Like she eat out of my hand but when I come home shes perched up on the perch in the run to get away from everyone. Or shell stand in a corner.
oh yes i was referring specifically to the last sentence. the rest of her symptoms aren’t molting. sorry if that was unclear

Update: she reached for the water on one of the nipple waters that I think they barely use but she barely got anything bc she didnt press hard enough but she I'm hoping will start to drink water. Shell eat out of my hand or if i put it near her other than that she doesn't go anywhere near rooster.

Hopefully shes molting and nothing else but since shes lost so many feathers shes starting to shiver it's cold outside so is she cold? Can I bring her inside the house? Warm her up maybe getting her to eat and drink. The only thing shes eating is wet feed. Warm water and feed in a bowl. I figured it'd help her.

Hopefully shes molting and nothing else but since shes lost so many feathers shes starting to shiver it's cold outside so is she cold? Can I bring her inside the house? Warm her up maybe getting her to eat and drink. The only thing shes eating is wet feed. Warm water and feed in a bowl. I figured it'd help her.
yep thats fine! wrap her in an old towel and offer her some high value treats and water.

Back
Top Bottom