Help! - Hen Pulling out her own Feathers!

Because her feathers are all over the ground. It's the dead of winter here, why would she be molting?
Normally I would say it's odd, but this past molting season was an odd one with some molting very late, some taking forever and some molted twice. Another though is because she's a larger breed she could be having a late juvenile molt. Most are done with them by 7 months, but a bit longer wouldn't be unheard of.

Just an update from today:
She's still acting normal. Eating and drinking just fine, too. More feathers and now there are some long ones, not just the downy stuff.

There she is looking all innocent like usual...

Its an odd time to molt, but I believe what you all are saying to be a valid reason. But if she does have these depluming mites, would I get some DE for that?

Just an update from today:
She's still acting normal. Eating and drinking just fine, too. More feathers and now there are some long ones, not just the downy stuff.

There she is looking all innocent like usual...

Its an odd time to molt, but I believe what you all are saying to be a valid reason. But if she does have these depluming mites, would I get some DE for that?
I know this is quite an old post, but would you mind giving me an update? I have the same thing going on with my girls who are around 4 months old or so.

Back
Top Bottom