HELP HEN WITH SWOLLEN WATTLES

02D55B19-1EC4-475C-A677-8D1AF66E32B2.jpeg

Here she is

I am having similar problems with one of mine, which led me to this post. Wattles, comb swollen. Crooked beak and some weird white blockage in her mouth. Hopefully someone can help us out?

I am having similar problems with one of mine, which led me to this post. Wattles, comb swollen. Crooked beak and some weird white blockage in her mouth. Hopefully someone can help us out?
that sounds like an infection. White blockage=pus

If you can hold her down, try to gently remove the pus and see what is underneath.

There might be a splinter stuck in her mouth, or a super bad sinus or ear infection that has worked into the mouth and wattles ...... but try to find the start point.

Where do you live? Is it cold where you live where frostbite may be a problem? Are ticks a problem? I would look for any ticks, and try a dose of benadryl 1/2 tablet orally if it could be a tickbite.

Yesterday I noticed a tick on her neck so I quickly took it off, and then I applied some
Neosporin to her wattles. Today I have noticed the swelling going down

Even though my username says extrememainer I actually live in Maryland. We have been having a really bad tick season and I found a tick on her but I took it off it was below her wattles, could it be a reaction to the tick

Even though my username says extrememainer I actually live in Maryland. We have been having a really bad tick season and I found a tick on her but I took it off it was below her wattles, could it be a reaction to the tick
yes, it could be a reaction to the tick... especially if things are now improving.

Back
Top Bottom