Help Here pls, little blue brahma hatched with 19d 4h 35min!

Renato Penno

In the Brooder
Aug 17, 2017
Does someone have experience with a similar situation?

I saw it there standing inside the incubator in the middle of the eggs!

I called the Vet, she sent her resident veterinarian 45 minutes later, but I´m still insecure.

He was here and taught me how to give water to the chick in the dropper, waiting until it opens its beak and watches the nostrils all the time; he also gave a liquid food, in the same way.

It never happened before and even with this arsenal of products that the vet brought with him, I'm still afraid of losing it!!

Here follows the products/ prescription for 4 days.

Mixed in the water: Terramycin 1g per liter, also two liquid vitamins 10 drops of each per 100ml and a boldo (Peumus boldus Mol) to be also added on water.

Mixed in the food, he brought me a mix, also fish flour 65% and a probiotic/prebiotic powder with yeasts.

I will be mixing the prepared water with the solid ingredients and it must look like dirty muddy water.

Now it is in a nursery incubator indoors at 97,7F /36,5C.
IMG_2761.JPG

But it’s very sleepy and sleeping a lot, is this normal for premature chicks?

I'm going to feed on an hourly basis little by little as described in the prescription.

Experienced ones please help me with some tips, and pls tell me if chances are good. The vet was not very specific; saying depends, perhaps, maybe…

Thank you so much!

Here's another thread on the topic. Seems warmer temperatures can make them hatch faster, and quite a few people have early hatchers in their incubators. Don't worry :)

I wouldn't worry. I have eggs that hatch a day or two early sometimes. I have some hatch a day or two late also. Mine always sleep a lot after hatching, even when they hatch on time. It takes a lot out of a tiny chick to break out of an egg.

I wouldn't worry. I have eggs that hatch a day or two early sometimes. I have some hatch a day or two late also. Mine always sleep a lot after hatching, even when they hatch on time. It takes a lot out of a tiny chick to break out of an egg.
Thanks, it was the first time for me, I was really worried about the sleeping. tks a lot!

Mine have done the same.

Btw, congrats on the chick.

Back
Top Bottom