Help! High Humidity throughout incubation

Pics
Just a little update! So far we have 8 chicks that have hatched. I also forgot to mention that our eggs went in on three different days (12 eggs on March 13th, 9 eggs on March 14th, and 12 eggs (including the silkies) on March 16th). So we are in day 22 of the first batch, day 21 of the second batch, and day 19 of the third batch. So I guess out of the first 12 we got 8 even with the high humidity. Hopefully we will get some more from the other two batches over the next 5 days or so:D! Thank you again everyone for all of your help!

Just a little update! So far we have 8 chicks that have hatched. I also forgot to mention that our eggs went in on three different days (12 eggs on March 13th, 9 eggs on March 14th, and 12 eggs (including the silkies) on March 16th). So we are in day 22 of the first batch, day 21 of the second batch, and day 19 of the third batch. So I guess out of the first 12 we got 8 even with the high humidity. Hopefully we will get some more from the other two batches over the next 5 days or so:D! Thank you again everyone for all of your help!
Staggered hatches work better if you have a week between them and use a second incubator as a hatcher. Humidity, temps and even hatching goo that gets on the eggs seems to mess up the later hatches if you hatch them together.

For the hatcher, you can use a low cost incubator from a feed store. It is not as critical as the first 17 days of incubation are.

Staggered hatches work better if you have a week between them and use a second incubator as a hatcher. Humidity, temps and even hatching goo that gets on the eggs seems to mess up the later hatches if you hatch them together.

For the hatcher, you can use a low cost incubator from a feed store. It is not as critical as the first 17 days of incubation are.
Oh my, I didn't know that. Our neighbour said that we could just add the eggs as she brought them. Hopefully they will hatch out ok:fl

If your not doing staggered hatches, It is best to collect the eggs and add them all at once. 5 to 10 days for fresh eggs. 5 day of collecting is best.

Let me find a guide I have.....I attached it to this post.

The shipping method is one of the best ways to ship eggs too

Attachments

• Collecting and Shipping eggs.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom