Help! Hlp can I create a fortress?

It is definitely improved by your work on it today. You'll need to use screws and washers on the inside of the coop to secure the preinstalled hardware cloth to the prefab structure. I know this is a bit late in the day, so perhaps you can pick some up and attach them soon. A raccoon could push that hardware cloth hard enough to loosen the staples the manufacturer used. Also, you might want to add more hardware to the exterior doors, like something you can secure with a caribiner. I got it of my cozy bed to go out to take some pics of our reinforcement of the prefab coop, which is currently unoccupied and serves as a hospital, timeout, or grow-out coop. I am also including a photo of the flap we put over the nest box hinges because they leaked when it rained. We used shower pan liner for this.
20190714_213655.jpg

20190714_213902.jpg

20190714_213952.jpg

It is definitely improved by your work on it today. You'll need to use screws and washers on the inside of the coop to secure the preinstalled hardware cloth to the prefab structure. I know this is a bit late in the day, so perhaps you can pick some up and attach them soon. A raccoon could push that hardware cloth hard enough to loosen the staples the manufacturer used. Also, you might want to add more hardware to the exterior doors, like something you can secure with a caribiner. I got it of my cozy bed to go out to take some pics of our reinforcement of the prefab coop, which is currently unoccupied and serves as a hospital, timeout, or grow-out coop. I am also including a photo of the flap we put over the nest box hinges because they leaked when it rained. We used shower pan liner for this.
View attachment 1845443
View attachment 1845444
View attachment 1845445
Thank you for taking away from your comfort for the advice! I definitely will have to do some improvement on the prefab shelter. I know it's not the greatest coop currently, but we wanted something that would secure the chickens before we build bigger and better in the next year or two. I'll have to take your advice and improve upon the staples. Looks like you have a pretty secure setup! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom