HELP how do I motivate my chicks to hatch

Ella_06

In the Brooder
May 10, 2021
Hi!
today is day 23 for my chicks I can hear chirping and see the egg rocking, but no pecks at the shell

Is there any thing I can do to motivate my chicks to start pecking at the shell?
any reply is appreciated!

To be honest, I don't think so. I know some believe that when hens cluck at eggs, it motivates the chicks to hatch...so maybe talking to the eggs will? I'm not sure if that is true though, just something I've heard. It takes hours for chicks to hatch after their first pip, which isn't visible, because it's a pip to the air pocket inside the egg. Rocking shows that it's trying to get into position to make the first visible pip in the egg, but even that takes a while, because the chick will be using a lot of energy and will often take breaks/fall asleep.

To be honest, I don't think so. I know some believe that when hens cluck at eggs, it motivates the chicks to hatch...so maybe talking to the eggs will? I'm not sure if that is true though, just something I've heard. It takes hours for chicks to hatch after their first pip, which isn't visible, because it's a pip to the air pocket inside the egg. Rocking shows that it's trying to get into position to make the first visible pip in the egg, but even that takes a while, because the chick will be using a lot of energy and will often take breaks/fall asleep.
Thanks so much for the reply I didn’t know they would fall asleep in the egg, I didn’t see any activity like chirping or rocking a few minutes ago and got a little worried.

Yeah, I've heard if you turn on a clucking mother broody sound, it motivates them.. I've never tried it, and I don't know if it works.

You might have to get a peep whole started. There are detailed steps on helping a chick hatch. Check out a YT vid for help.

If you hear chirping, it might just be too weak to hatch.
Give them until day 24/25 ish and then you'll have to start helping them hatch...

Good luck :)

Yeah, I've heard if you turn on a clucking mother broody sound, it motivates them.. I've never tried it, and I don't know if it works.

You might have to get a peep whole started. There are detailed steps on helping a chick hatch. Check out a YT vid for help.

Give them until day 24/25 ish and then you'll have to start helping them hatch...

Thank you!

Yeah, definitely don't try to help them hatch unless it's like the last day for them to hatch, because you could definitely cause a lot more harm than good.

Just be patient and leave it alone, the chick will come out on it's own time. I know how hard it is to be patient, hatch day is so stressful! But eventually the chick will hatch, and there's no need to rush it along unless its an emergency. I've learned that rushing it never helps, and I find it helps me to be patient if I can get my mind off the hatching for a bit. Before you know it, you will have a new chook! :love

Back
Top Bottom