Help! How do I treat tapeworms.

Valbazen at .08 per lb of weight. you will need to treat entire flock and do a thorough cleaning

It treats most of the types of worms a chicken can get is what I was told.

Last edited:
Valbazen at .08 per lb of weight. you will need to treat entire clock and do a thorough cleaning

It treats most of the types of worms a chicken can get is what I was told.
I’ve been reading up a lot on it. I’m sure she has tapeworms. I haven’t been seeing it in all of the droppings I have come across. Would I treat them daily? For a week or 10 days? I just ordered the Valbazen but it won’t be here till next week. I’m hoping sooner.

I’ve been reading up a lot on it. I’m sure she has tapeworms. I haven’t been seeing it in all of the droppings I have come across. Would I treat them daily? For a week or 10 days? I just ordered the Valbazen but it won’t be here till next week. I’m hoping sooner.
Valbazen is treat once then again once in I can't remember 7 or 10 days from my understanding.
These guys are better at this as this is the first time I've had to treat and they have been getting me through it as I'm dealing with a couple of issues I'm newer too

@dawg53
@Wyorp Rock
@casportpony

I’ve have read so much about DE working as a dewormer. But I’ve also heard it does nothing for internal parasites. The first time I saw the worms they wasn’t that many. But today there was a lot. I didn’t know if maybe it was working and she was getting rid of them. But I think that was just me being hopeful.

Regular dirt does just about as good as DE, she may have another issue going on also or just a major overload as worms tend to like to stay inside of their host.

By the way do you have a way to weigh her?
***I obviously need to put another pot of coffee on,, Thanks for not calling me out on typonese lol

I’m curious to know some details about treatment for worms too. My hen shook her feathers on the porch and after she walked away, I noticed a couple of little sesame seed-like worms where she had been standing (still alive and moving).
What happens if you don’t treat them?
Also where do they get them from? She free ranges all day, so I assume she ate grass or dirt with eggs in it?

I’m curious to know some details about treatment for worms too. My hen shook her feathers on the porch and after she walked away, I noticed a couple of little sesame seed-like worms where she had been standing (still alive and moving).
What happens if you don’t treat them?
Also where do they get them from? She free ranges all day, so I assume she ate grass or dirt with eggs in it?
They can get them from anywhere, and most have some but if they've had stress , new environment, been sick they can get an overload, and at that stage it can really cause some trouble , they take the nutrition your chicken needs from them. If you are seeing them on the outside they definitely need to be treated

Regular dirt does just about as good as DE, she may have another issue going on also or just a major overload as worms tend to like to stay inside of their host.

By the way do you have a way to weigh her?
***I obviously need to put another pot of coffee on,, Thanks for not calling me out on typonese lol
No, I sure don’t. I only have my human scales lol. I guess I could weigh myself then me and the chicken to see what the weight difference is. Lol I didn’t even notice the typo. I know I probably make plenty of mistakes. I never catch them till it’s to late lol.

Back
Top Bottom