HELP! How Do You Install Vinyl Flooring?

Personally I wouldn't glue it -- that will make it exceptionally obnoxious to remove if you should ever have to replace it e.g. b/c of cracking.

Mine, I just staplegun all around the edges, making sure it is really good n flat first. For a wide area that needs some help staying flat in the middle, you can screw thru a batten to keep it down; it is a small annoyance when doing deep-cleaning but to me it's worth the tradeoff.

Good luck, have fun,

Pat

I do my vinyl as if I'm installing a shower pan liner. I take the measurements, fold the material, take it in the coop and lay it in place, then staple it to the walls. When complete it covers the floor and 12" to 14" up the walls. This keeps any dampness that may come from the litter from getting to the walls.

As UGCM suggested, roofing nails. If you are worried about moisture in the coop, then caulk over the nails. It is a coop, not a home, and it will be covered by litter.

We rolled the vinyl out before putting up the walls on the first coop. The walls hold it down great and no need for the extra expense of 1/4 round.
Our 3rd coop is a remodeled goat barn, so the walls were already in place. We used strips of wood to hold the vinyl down. A little harder to clean though.
It's best to do the vinyl on a good sunny day. Roll it out and let the warm sun remove the "rolls" in it.

Back
Top Bottom