HELP! How to force my chicken to go broody again ?

Khanz

In the Brooder
Apr 17, 2017
it must seem to be harsh forcing chicken but my chicken got broody(i don't know much about being broody) and stopped laying eggs. Even she was hidden somewhere for 4 days with her eggs but the problem was we were shifting. Now we are at this new home, i made her a great place and placed her eggs but she does not want to sit on them and she is even scared and does not even like to be touched. Please can you guys help because it is summer here, the eggs might get rotten.

Moving is extremely stressful for chickens + broodies hate being moved. You cannot force a hen to go broody. Her whole chicken life has been turned inside out. You might as well forget about hatching any eggs now.

Give her time(could be weeks) until she feels secure in her new life. When that happens she may likely go broody again. Please have patience, she isn't a machine.

Are you saying that she was sitting on these eggs and then you guys moved and she stopped? Either way you can't make a hen go broody. She'll sit when she wants to. Let the eggs go!!! If you just moved she must be very stressed out.

I stored the eggs for eating or any other use and about the chicken, i left her free with my ducks she is still scared but she is feeling better with my ducks and the other chicken but i left a golf in her place so she might someday remember that she had gone broody once and now it is the time to go broody again !! <3

Back
Top Bottom