Help! How to raise Cornish cross as layer?

Buffbrahmasforever

Songster
5 Years
Jun 29, 2018
TSC gave me a cornish cross with my Amberlink. I had asked for two amberlinks but got one amber and one cornish cross. I DO NOT do meat birds. I want advice on how I can raise Moon, the cornish cross, to be a layer. Should I restrict food, separate her, or is it hopeless. It is too late to return her, as she is 3 weeks old.

Cornish cross hens are capable of laying eggs. They have all of the proper anatomy to do so.if you raise your Cornish X on a normal chick starter feed, rather than high protein meat producer feed, she won’t grow as quickly. Also by Allowing pasture for her to roam should also keep her in better shape so that she can be more like a normal chicken. It is possible that these changes will Able her to survive and lay eggs like other laying breeds.

How is she doing?
She turned out to be an Amberlink! Thought for sure she was a Cornish X at the time. :rolleyes: Forgive my crazy younger self. I named her Angel.
0711201820g_Film3~2.jpg

Very Angelic right? :lau

Just realizing I probably was actually talking about Castor, not Angel when it came to the Cornish X. Whoops! Sorry! Here's "Moon"
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200809190105106_COVER.jpg

I’m confused...
Angel was the Amberlink and Castor was the "Cornish X" and originally called "Moon". They are both Amberlinks.

I originally thought it was Angel who I was referring to when I posted this, but I went back to my other post and figured out it was actually Castor.

Probably still confusing.

Angel was the Amberlink and Castor was the "Cornish X" and originally called "Moon". They are both Amberlinks.

I originally thought it was Angel who I was referring to when I posted this, but I went back to my other post and figured out it was actually Castor.

Probably still confusing.
Yeah...so Moon was a roo?

Back
Top Bottom