Help! How to stop my hen from annoyingly crowing like a rooster

farm316

Songster
9 Years
Jul 28, 2014
We have a black-sex link that likes too walk around crowing like a rooster… We do not have any roosters and are not intending to get one… How do you think I can stop her from crowing??

Hmmm.. How old? My Roos only crow in the morning so it's not too bothersome. I've never had a hen attempt it, but I always have roosters so that may be why.

Hmmm.. How old? My Roos only crow in the morning so it's not too bothersome. I've never had a hen attempt it, but I always have roosters so that may be why.
She is probably around a year and a half… We got her from a friend of ours

This it too funny! I just read about this in a book!!! I took a picture of it so you know too. It explains why HENS crow.

I know this is funny but you could buy her a no crow rooster collar. There twenty dollars and you just put it around the chickens neck. It's mesh and does not suffocate them! It just stops them from gathering enough air to crow loudly. You can only buy it on mypetchicken.com

I know this is funny but you could buy her a no crow rooster collar. There twenty dollars and you just put it around the chickens neck. It's mesh and does not suffocate them! It just stops them from gathering enough air to crow loudly. You can only buy it on mypetchicken.com
Thanks!
I guess she doesn't crow like a rooster she just does and short LOUD crow

Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for!

My 3.5 year old hen Coco (bluebell) has just started crowing in the mornings. Just like a cockerel except her crows are not as nice as some, nor as loud.

By the way, she has never laid an egg, but she is shaped just like a hen and does not have any of the cockerel feathers. On the other hand, she is huge and has an enormous comb. So I guess one of her ovaries must be underdeveloped hence the crowing, lack of eggs, and large comb.

Other cockerel like behaviour: finds food and calls everyone over to eat it, rarely eats any herself until everyone else has. However, a dominant head of flock hen could do this too. We don't have any cockerels or roosters.

I too have been wondering whether I will need to buy her a no crow collar. If it works it will be such a blessing. But maybe her crowing will be quiet enough not to bother the neighbors.

Back
Top Bottom