Help Humidity wont go up

Difficult with small incubators when the environment your incubating in is extreme....I have opposite problem in the south bringing humidity down. Might try paper towels that can wick up water from the troughs and extend up the sides of incubator...anything to create more surface area of the moisture available. Humidifier will work and can be found fairly cheap on ebay but you don't want the hot steam type the ultra sonic are better.

Also do not rely on the hygrometer on your incubator....specially if you have not calibrated or verified it. Digital hygrometer/thermometer with a remote for outside measure to monitor inside your incubator at top of egg level works well. I use a janoel 12 incubator, 50 bucks new on ebay and they work great but you really need to get the feel for a small incubator preferably prior to starting your first batch the instructions on these cheapy incubators are very badly translated! Some of them work very well but it pays to due a lot of experimenting with dry runs...Hope you can save your hatch!

Thanks. Ive used this incubator before. Had a 6 out of 10 eggs hatch. I do belive it is the gauge as there is condensation on top of the lid and walls. The gauge flashes at 22,23,24. Right now it says 24 but can drop to 22 in seconds. I have about 5 sponges in the bottom that i cut up and stuck in the troths to try to fix it. But now im thinking the gauge is off so i will pick up something to read the humidity today. Will keep you posted. The gauge did read 50 when i put my guinea fowl eggs in yesterday.

Help: i have a cheap chinese brand incubator with the yellow top and slanted grey display. I cant seem to get the humidity up. It reads 23. I have filled all the channels with water and even put sponges in the water. No matter what i do i cant seem to get the humidity to go up. Please help.
Try putting a calibrated hygrometer in there. Sounds like the factory one isn't working right.

Back
Top Bottom