HELP! Hungry, happy, haunted homemakers have heard!

Pick one for Sara's new dummy.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Oh goodness. Just had a scare. I walk into my chicken house to get my eggs and there, in the FIRST nest box, is a big ol' coon enjoying a late afternoon snooze after a big lunch of chicken eggs. I freaked. A shriek and I was out of there. He just looked at me. I trapped him in there then flew over to the house to call my uncle. No response. Never mind. I grab my keys, no shoes, and leave the gate open while I slightly exceed the speed limit heading over there. Grabs uncle, who gets .22 and kills Mr. Coon, who is STILL in the nest box. So THAT'S where my eggs have been going. Shudder.

Oh goodness. Just had a scare. I walk into my chicken house to get my eggs and there, in the FIRST nest box, is a big ol' coon enjoying a late afternoon snooze after a big lunch of chicken eggs. I freaked. A shriek and I was out of there. He just looked at me. I trapped him in there then flew over to the house to call my uncle. No response. Never mind. I grab my keys, no shoes, and leave the gate open while I slightly exceed the speed limit heading over there. Grabs uncle, who gets .22 and kills Mr. Coon, who is STILL in the nest box. So THAT'S where my eggs have been going. Shudder.
You are lucky it was only eggs. Your coop needs to be secure against predators.

If it was a male coon, you could have collected its baculum.

You are lucky it was only eggs. Your coop needs to be secure against predators.

If it was a male coon, you could have collected its baculum.
It is secure. However, they are free range, and so the little door that they go in an out of whenever they want to lay eggs was open. That's how he got in there. I am very VERY grateful that was only eggs...coons can do a LOT of damage to chickens. I know from previous experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom