HELP! Hungry, happy, haunted homemakers have heard!

Pick one for Sara's new dummy.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize if I sound too nosy. We just went through pain management, and it was drilled in our heads to watch for respiratory depression if a pt of ours was on opioids, especially if they are opioid-näive. Thanks to COVID, we cant go in the hospital yet, so you all are helping me learn! And it is comforting to know that a few things are sticking...my exams don't seem to be showing it. I'm convinced nursing school exams are made to make you feel like you know a little bit of nothing.
Nursing school exams (and I expect all exams) tell you how good you are at taking exams. I was very good at test taking. I got better scores on my tests than most of my fellow students, many of whom were (imo) smarter than me. As long as you pass them, don't worry. The important thing is to pass the tests. If they really stress you, buy a book on how to take tests. There are strategies which are obvious to some but not to all.

You won't actually start to learn nursing until you get your first nursing job. Even clinicals & mini-practicums don't count for much next to an actual floor job. You're gonna be a great nurse. Don't worry about the tests; they mean nothing.

Really?
Screenshot_20200923-140739_Chrome.jpg

:tongue

Nursing school exams (and I expect all exams) tell you how good you are at taking exams. I was very good at test taking. I got better scores on my tests than most of my fellow students, many of whom were (imo) smarter than me. As long as you pass them, don't worry. The important thing is to pass the tests. If they really stress you, buy a book on how to take tests. There are strategies which are obvious to some but not to all.

You won't actually start to learn nursing until you get your first nursing job. Even clinicals & mini-practicums don't count for much next to an actual floor job. You're gonna be a great nurse. Don't worry about the tests; they mean nothing.
Thank you! It hits you harder than you think it will. I was always an A student and a good test taker... till nursing school exams. And it may just take a while...it is starting to come to me a little better. You almost have to think too hard, then they tell you don't overthink it, so you don't, then you get it wrong because you underthink it..I can't explain it, but I think you may know what I mean! It's almost humorous...

You need to not be concerned about the reactions your posts get.
Jeez no need to get all worked up about it.
I'm joking
I dont see why you pick on me over everything.
Guess I didn't realize yall took everything so seriously.
So sorry if you dont get it.

We got another male possum, seems we get one male and about 2 weeks later another male shows up....... DUH :oops:
Next coon in line for the throne. :gig We haven't had coons :fl but the same thing seems to happen with squirrels, only they usually show up in multiples—lesser squirrels unable to hold the entire territory. Or that's my theory, fwiw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom