Help! Husband brought home chicks and I don't know what they are!

JDrake

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 21, 2013
My husband went out for groceries and came home with 8 baby chicks! lol.... they were apparently on sale at TSC.

They were supposed to be silver laced wyanndotes and 2 bantams... but I don't think they are that at all and I have no clue what we've got!

Can anyone here help ID what breed these chicks might be?

Here is a little video I have posted in Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSjvLn6hKua/?taken-by=thepaintingpony

Thanks!

My best guess at this age is white leghorns, white cornish rock, or buff orpingtons. Hopefully not conish rocks though, they are broiler chickens. (You HAVE to kill them at a certain age to eat them or they will develop many problems such as broken legs and heart attacks...)

My best guess at this age is white leghorns, white cornish rock, or buff orpingtons. Hopefully not conish rocks though, they are broiler chickens. (You HAVE to kill them at a certain age to eat them or they will develop many problems such as broken legs and heart attacks...)

oh I hope not!! yikes! There is a real chance they are though (cornish rocks) One of the other breeds listed was that... Do you really have to kill them? If so, what age??

6 weeks?! wow that's young! what happens if I don't? How do they get to laying egg/reproducing this breed if they have so many problems?

Could you post pictures? CX can be successfully kept alive, you'll have to take a few extra steps to limit feed and make them more active.

6 weeks?! wow that's young! what happens if I don't? How do they get to laying egg/reproducing this breed if they have so many problems?

Like I said above, they can be successfully kept alive and pretty healthy if you take the right steps. They're a cross, they generally do not reproduce. Please post pictures.

Back
Top Bottom