help I.D. ing 2 chicks, what is tall b & w one?

laughingllama75

Songster
11 Years
Feb 13, 2008
NH
Ok, a friend got MM's Ornamental Layer Collection.......ans she didn't want 25 so gave some to me (just what I needed!). I know I got an EE, 2 cochins, 2 polish and 2 ??? Here are the mystery birds. the all black on has NO comb yet, she is smooth where it should be just like the polish (for thier age). She has a top hat of sorts, and she is all black, with black legs and 4 toes.
100_4722.jpg

100_4720.jpg

Next, there is this cute little girl that is Black and white....single comb with black legs and white feet (which may still change to all black).
the second pic she is in the background with what I am assuming is an EE (green legs but no beard or muff) eating out of the dish. you will have to excuse the digs, it is only thier outside cage for a few hours during the day. they still go in a brooder box at night. they are 6 weeks old.
100_4715.jpg

100_4717.jpg

Any ideas would be appreciated. I raise several breeds of bantams, with an occasional LF or 2 (and now these, LOL). I am not familiar with these 2 breeds, so any ideas would be great!
smile.png

*edited to add: these 2 are the same type of body build and weight as the poilsh, the cochins and GLW are way bigger. Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Well, they are from a hatchery, so anythng is possible. LOL. But I think they are "PB" as far as hatchery stock goes. Someone suggested to me the one was a black polish? I never heard of that, LOL. maybe that is what she is?

Quote:
just looked up the breed and she does look just the chick shown. that would be neat, they are a cool looking bird.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom