Help I don't know what is wrong

Blueyedmomma26

Chirping
Apr 20, 2019
Hey yall,
I have a 1yr old peacock. She as not been her self for a few days now. She is walking extremely slow, won't ear very much, found her a few times just sitting in her pool. There are no injuries that I can see. She always has fresh water everyday. She is with 2 other peacocks that are fine. Can anyone tell me what might be wrong, or what I can do to help her?

Have you been deworming her? Can you post a pic of her and a pic of her stools?
No I haven't dewormed her yet. The person I bought her from said she wouldn't need it until September. I'm not able to get a stool for her yet. She has been inside with me since this moring. No stool yet but I am hand feeding and watering every hour.

Attachments

• 20220705_195022.jpg
    20220705_195022.jpg
    604.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220705_194929.jpg
    20220705_194929.jpg
    421.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220705_194830.jpg
    20220705_194830.jpg
    629.4 KB · Views: 6
Hey yall,
I have a 1yr old peacock. She as not been her self for a few days now. She is walking extremely slow, won't ear very much, found her a few times just sitting in her pool. There are no injuries that I can see. She always has fresh water everyday. She is with 2 other peacocks that are fine. Can anyone tell me what might be wrong, or what I can do to help her?
Thank yall for trying to help but god wanted her to fly with him. She passed about an hour ago. 😭😭😭😭

Oh no, so sorry. She was a nice Spalding hen, very pretty. I would say she probably had blackhead but seeing the stool, even the dribbling would have made it easier to ascertain. The three possible causes of death are cocci, blackhead, or worms. Her mouth was clear and dry with no signs of respiratory infection or MG. There is a slight chance she was egg bound but most likely not. Cocci and BH will take a young bird within a few days. If you put her on ice you can send her to the state vet for a necropsy to know the cause of death. Most states will do it for free, some will charge but you have to keep her cold and ship her on ice. Call the state dept of Ag to find the state vet.

Back
Top Bottom