HELP..I Don't know what to Do!!!!

mljohnson05

Songster
8 Years
May 16, 2011
Missouri
Ok so yesterday I posted that my Silver Sebright Bantam had constant Runny to watery brown stools that STINK EVERY TIME!!!!
She is still having them tday, and seems a little less active, but still eating and drinking just fine. I seperated her from the others (which ticked er off and she will not be quiet now)
My questions is WHAT IS WRONG????
Is she going to DIE?
She and the others are only 5 weeks old, and have been inside birds except for the hour or two that i let them free range in the yard (coop almost done)
I have NOT seen and walking trouble, No cold, no drainage, not swelling...just the CONSTANT, STINKY brown Diarrhea or EVERY stool.

The others seem to be picking on her a little bit today, and that is different....
PLEASE say it is Not Marek's disease...
I have not seen and lice or mites and i clean everything frequently...
HELP !
hit.gif

Hi there! Now, what you're describing is a normal kind of poo called "cecal droppings". All chickens have this and it is runny, stinky stuff!
sickbyc.gif
Chickens and chicks often do this when people are around because they get really excited, or worked up.

You might not be seeing the normal looking poo because she may be doing that when you're not around.....I might suggest you give her some plain yogurt. Sometimes that can help their digestive systems if really feel that she's sick.....

Quote:
I know that is is NOT "cecal droppings" because I have issolated her and have in in view at all times, and the only thing in the cage is the liquid brown stinky poop
hit.gif

and while eating and drinking she does not seem herself and keeps trying to hide. She is only 5 weeks old....and no site of the normal poop

Laura, I think your gut sense that something is wrong is correct because of the behavior you describe that accompanies the poo description. I don't have experience with birds that young so hopefully someone will come along to better advise you but in the meantime, please post with any additional info that could be helpful such as: what is their diet? when did this problem seem to begin? are there any other details - however trivial they may seem - that could help folks help you diagnose?

JJ

Quote:
Thank you for believing in me....I know the darn POOP chat, and I know it is not normal to have liquid brown stinky poop EACH and EVERY time !
there is NO formed poop what so ever !.
just like my other 3 birds...she is on medicated.starter/ Grower
they have their water and food access 24/7
They are inside except for the 1-2 hours a day i let hem out to free range (cause the coop is not finished yet)
This trouble started yesterday around Noon, and has continued
although she seems a bit less active, she is still eating and drinking normal.
She was being picked on by others (ever since this started) so i separated them
I am giving her Poly v sol as i type and plain yogurt

Not sure what else to say..... except i cannot stress enough that the liquid brown stinky poop is EVERY poop she does (which is not normal) and that i know this cause i have not let her out of my site and the cage proves there is no solid poops like she use to do ....

easiest thing would be to take a sample to a vet and have them run test on it and youll know for sure.. cocci smells bad.. and is runny..

good luck )O(
pink

Mereks would have your chicken being VERY weak and unstable... You'd have to have crappy water for some time before the would catch it.. I lost one to that disease and have been changing their water everyday since.

Oh, and on the diarrhea type stool, even my three-year-olds get it sometimes.. -Hope you're keeping them out side. Also, whenever they have it, don't be angry if they go in your garden. It makes great fertilizer.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom