Help! I don't know what's going on.

cjsk

In the Brooder
May 22, 2017
My chicks legs has been funky for about a week now. I've tried hobbling, cups, both, and nothing has helped. I didn't think the leg was broken, but today there's no resistance in the twisted. It doesn't seem to be causing pain, but I'm at my wits end for what to do to help. The tibia to the hock all seem swollen.

Attachments

• 14962478165682020171148.jpg
    14962478165682020171148.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 37
Yes, I have tried vitamins. I did find that in my searching and tried a few things, but it hasn't helped so far. :(

My chicks legs has been funky for about a week now. I've tried hobbling, cups, both, and nothing has helped. I didn't think the leg was broken, but today there's no resistance in the twisted. It doesn't seem to be causing pain, but I'm at my wits end for what to do to help. The tibia to the hock all seem swollen.

Hey there, sorry to hear that :/ was it like this from birth? Could you post a video of it moving around?

I don't remember it hatching that way, but a couple days after I noticed it. The file is too large for me to post. It largely just hops around on one leg fluttering it's wings for balance.

If you have the money I would take it to the vet to see how you could diagnose the problem.

If that's not an option and you think it's in pain and suffering, you should consider humanely culling it, especially if growth is making the problem/pain worse.

If it can still get around and is thriving and able to take care of itself, you could have a lame chicken :)

It seems funny capable of taking care of itself, it just has a unique way of being mobile. I only have 2 chicks, so I'd really prefer to not have it culled.

Back
Top Bottom