Help I Don't Know Whats Happening !!!!!

Poly-vi-sol is the vitamin brand for kids. Get the one without iron. It costs about 9 dollars here and can be found at most drugstores and wal-mart. I thought it might be heat stroke because of your comment about breathing fast and acting drowsy. I would definitely call ideal and see if they can send you replacements. Take pictures and call soon.

Last edited:
when i wnet to go check on him.. i found him around the waterer drinking by himself !!! hope thats a good sign.. im looking around the house for vitamins that my mom might still have from when i was little !!

they are scattered all over the brooder.. so i think the temp is ok....please pray he makes it out ok
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

are you sure its eating? I don't know enough about chicks to give solid advise. I only know geese and ducks. BUT this is what I would try. Take the chick starter and make a bit of a liquidy mush out of it and try to encourage the little bugger to eat it. You might try the sugar water. I know a lot of people don't see a value to it. Honestly I always gave it to the babies I raised that seemed a bit too weak whether it was from being so new or from being injured. But those were not chickens they were game birds. It might be different. It made sense to me. A bit of energy to fight back. I don't know what to tell you.

Since its drinking you could even put some egg yolk in a bit of warm water and try to get it to drink that. Again this is all from what I have done with geese and ducks in the past. I don't know if it will help you.

Last edited:
What type of bedding are you using? I would switch whatever it is ASAP just in case that is the problem. Sometimes woodchips/straw can be moldy or other types of paper can have toxic contaminants you don't know about. It is worth a try in addition to what everyone else is suggesting. I would also offer a warmer spot, the first week the chicks should have access to 95 degrees but I don't think that 90-92 would be a cause of death...
fl.gif

Have you considered that they may have the parasite Cocci? It is so common in chicks. They will appear sluggish and sleepy before dying a few hours later. Check for blood in the stool and get some Corid for treatment.

I hope your chick makes it! Everyone is giving you excellent advice...get the vitamins from Walmart it does work. I would buy the Corid and treat them ASAP after you take pictures of the dead ones and what happens before the die, contact Ideal for your replacements. I would give all the chicks vitamins just to be safe!

Back
Top Bottom